Rural Projects are actively recruiting for a Sales Manager to develop Gardening Scotland, the national gardening and outdoor living Show and Scotland’s gardening festival.
This role will report to the Rural Projects Managing Director.
With the ability to work independently and as part of team the candidate will be responsible for selling event exhibition space and assisting along with other members of the team, in the organisation and administration of the event.
The role is home-based so the candidate must be able to travel to meet prospective exhibitors and attend meetings with the events team based at Ingliston, Edinburgh.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide copy for inclusion in the Trade Stand Rules, Regulations and Application Forms
- Liaise with the Horticultural Exhibitors Association and other appropriate bodies
- Taking such action as necessary to ensure that Gardening Scotland attracts a high quality of horticultural exhibitor
- Attend Management Board Meetings when required to do so
- Developing Gardening Scotland with the Rural Projects Team and the Gardening Scotland Board of Directors
- Draw up plans for the show site in association with Rural Projects
- Deliver targets (both financial and performance based) as set and agreed with the Managing Director
- Focus on creating new leads and identifying new sales opportunities
- Monitor sales data and account performance
- Sell via the phone, email and face-to-face where applicable
- Ensure all paperwork and administration are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with the accounts department in relation to orders, invoicing, credit control and other administration issues
- Keep records and floor plans up to date with client and order details
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions and other events in the UK
- Work with other members of the team to develop the event commercially with new ideas and revenue streams
Ideally the candidate will have experience of the events industry and in particular the flower show sector and will have gained solid commercial skills working in a fast-paced sales environment.
The candidate must be as equally driven by providing a good service as they are in driving sales. The candidate will be determined, with a proven sales performance track record and the ability to deliver results. Self-motivation is key and a desire to succeed is essential.
Part Time (Flexible Hours) Sales Manager – Consultancy Contract (renewed annually if agreed by both parties).
Remuneration negotiable dependent on experience.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st September